BanTape® by Marinsu and Mascoat
BanTape® is an aluminium tape for use on board of seagoing vessels and offshore vessels. The product is has the IMO Wheelmark 0407.
- Aluminium backing provides excellent reflection of both heat and light.
- Cold weather adhesive with moderate adhesion offers good sealing and bonding on foil-Scrim-Kraft facing joints and seams in HVAC ductwork application.
- Good aging resistance both indoors and outdoors.
- Low moisture vapor transmission rate offers excellent sealing and patching performance.
- IMO Resolution MSC 61(67) Annex 1 Part 5 Annex 2 IMO Resolution MSC 61(67) Annex 1 Part 2 and Annex 2.
- UL 723 Listed (Flame/Smoke Rating).
Product form & Size available:
- Cut Roll: 75mm (3″) and 100mm (4″)
- Log Roll: 1200mm x 45/50m
- Jumbo Roll: 1200mm x 1000m / 1200m / 1350m
- The data above are typical values only, and should not be used for specifications purpose.
- Tolerance: Weight and Thickness: ±10%; Width: ±3mm; Length: Cut Roll ±0.3m, Jumbo Roll ±0.5%.
BanTape®3025 CW/R nominal 30 micron (1.2mil) high tensile strength aluminium foil backing, combined with a cold weather flame retardant acrylic adhesive, protected by an easy-release silicone release paper. The workable foil applies easily to both fibrous and sheet metal ducts and conforms to irregular surfaces. Bantape® 3025 CW/R excels in demanding temperature and humidity applications and provides superior performance and durability over a wide range of environmental conditions.
HVAC industry for joining and sealing Foil-Scrim-Kraft Facing laminated fiberglass blanket / duct board joints and seams; joining and sealing flexible air duct seams and connections. General purpose holding, patching, sealing and masking applications – indoors and outdoors.
It is essential that the user evaluate the BanTape® 3025 CW/R product to determine whether it is fit for a particular purpose and user’s method of application. Good results will be obtained when applied to a clean, dry surface with a suitable pressure on BanTape® 3025 CW/R products between +10 ˜ +40°C (+50 ˜ +105ºF).
It is essential, as with all pressure-sensitive tapes, that the surface to which the tape is applied must be clean, dry, free of grease, oil or other contaminants.
Storage & Self Life
18 months when stored at 21ºC (70ºF) / 50% relative humidity out of direct sunlight.